Red River Valley Saddle Club
1. Correct clothing for all Pleasure and Showmanship classes, long sleeved shirt, hat (at Judge's discretion) or helmet, boots and correct equipment for your horse. No hackamores or tiedowns.
2. Ride applicable to the bit, i.e. ride 2 handed with a snaffle and 1 handed in a curb, regardless of the horse's age.
2018-Addendum-Correct Bits for Western Perormance classes. 1. Curb Bits-must be used on horses six years old and older. It is optional on younger horses. The length of the shank is a maximum of 8.5 inches. If the bit has a port, the maximum height of the port is 3.5 inches. When using a curb bit only one hand is to be used. 2. No gag bits allowed. No Sliding action where the mough piece is attached to the shank is allowed. 3. A Snaffle bit (D-ring, )O-ring, or egg butt) is permissible, provided the horse is five years old or younger. Mouthpiece may be round, oval, egg-shaped, smooth or twisted wire with a diameter of 5/16" to 3/4" measured 1" from the cheek. Two hands must be used on the reins and be visible to the judge. 4. Bosal with mecate reins is permissible, provided the horse is five years old or younger. 5. Mechanical hackamores and tie downs are prohibited. A mechanical hackamore is considered to be any hackamore with metal under the jaw or metal used in a leverage action.
3. One ride in each class allowed for score.
4. You are responsible for your horses' manners inside and out of the ring.
5. Competitions start at 10:00 AM. Please be on time. Allow enough time to be signed up, tacked up and ready to enter the arena at 10:00 am.
6. Must compete in 3 shows to be eligible for year end awards. (Addendum Jan. 2006)
7. We schedule 6 shows with the highest of the 4 scoring shows counting for the total score for high point.
8. Points will be given in age divisions. PeeWee (6-8) Children (9-12) Juniors (13-18) Adults (19 and 54) and Seniors (55 and older) there will be a maximum of 6 points given for first place in any event if the number of competitors is 6 or more. If there are 5 in the class, first place will receive 5 points, 2nd place 4 points and so on. That way, the number of points reflects the amount of participation. Addendum 2009 for addition of the new seniors age group. Addendum 2011 for addition of Pee Wee age group and change children's age requirement. Addendum2020- Senior Age group changed to 55 years and over which changes Adult age group to 19-54 yrs.
9. PeeWee and Children's age group will show Western Pleasure and Horsemanship as a walk-trot class.
10. Memberships count the age you are at the first show of the season.
11. Membership fees must be paid by the first show entered in order for those points to count toward year end awards.
12. Must ride a family owned or leased horse to score.
13. No racing or fooling around at competitions. Keep your horses away from spectator areas and from waiting in front of the arena entrance.
14. Classes with points counting toward year end awards are: Showmanship, Western Pleasure, Western Horsemanship, Barrels, Poles, and Keyhole.
15 . Leadline, PeeWee, Children and Juniors will be given ribbons at the show.
16. All bats must have a 2" popper at the end. 2013-Addendum-Over and under whips are approved for use in games for the Adult and Senior Classes only.
17. No hitting the horses in front of the cinch with bats.
18. Proof of a current Negative Coggins report MUST be on file before unloading your horse. Please bring the original plus a copy for the secretary to keep on file.
19. A liability waiver must be signed before riding.
20. 2004 Addendum-Leadline entrants can also participate in Leadline, Barrels, Poles, and Keyhole. That way they can compete against themselves and be lead through the patterns.
21. 2005 Addendum- An Open Walk Trop Western Pleasure Class will be added to the show. This will be a judged class with all Western Pleasure rules applying. Riders may enter this class but will be ineligible to enter the Western Pleasure or Horsemanship classes with the Walk Trot Horse.
22. 2005- Addendum- An open non-judged class such as Hangman or Figure 8 jumping may be added to the end of the show.
23. 2006-Addendum- Anyone attempting to upright a tipping Barrel or Pole with their hand in the timed classes will receive a no time.
24. 2006- Addendum- No running your horse into the arena for timed classes. Must enter at a walk or trot. Cones will mark entrance spot.